The framed stamps were presented to His Highness by Mr. Fahad Al Hosni, Acting President of Emirates Post Group and Mr. Ibrahim Bin Karam, Chief Commercial Officer, in the presence of HH Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, and Mohammed Ahmed Al Murr, Speaker of the Federal National Council, founding teachers and alumni of Ahmadiya School.
The stamps, issued in denominations of AED 1.00 and AED 1.25, feature the facade of the school and a classroom. Al Ahmadiya School was the first semi-regular school in the Emirate of Dubai, which played a major role in the history of education in the coastal emirates and Dubai.
Built in 1912, Al Ahmadiya School was founded by Sheikh Ahmed bin Dalmouk, who died before the completion of the building. His son Sheikh Mohammed bin Ahmed bin Dalmouk completed the construction and named it after his father. The school first had teachers from Saudi Arabia, to teach religion and Arabic language. In 1920, an elite group of teachers was brought from Iraq.
In its early years, the school had about 300 students.
Al Ahmadiya School, which is located in Al Ras area of Diera, reflects the history of Education in the UAE in general and Dubai in particular.